Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Invite To "Green" Enlightenment

Hello to you, the reader. Since the age of 9, I have always been interested with the planet and the human effect on the planet. My first science project consisted of growing a plant inside a sealable bag, which fascinated me. Now that years have past I've changed my academics goals which mainly revolved around science. First, I wanted to become a medical doctor. Second, I wanted to become an astronaut. Recently, during the last couple years, I narrowed my overall academic and career goals to be environmental science based. Currently, I am a student majoring in environmental science. Though I was majoring in environmental science and completed the environmental science courses I have taken successfully, I was reluctant to call myself an environmentalist. By definition, an environmentalist is one who overall supports political and ethical movements that seek to protect the quality of the natural environment through changes in harmful human activities according to Wikipedia. I love that definition but I would like to expand the definition and say that we seek to protect and enhance the natural environment by putting an end to harmful human activities that damage the planet and adopting habits the will have a positive effect in addition. Now that I not only practice environmental science for a grade, I do it as a hobby when time permits. I'm just getting into the "groove" of things and will increase my interests and hobbies in order to promote environmental awareness, protection, and conservation. I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to environmental science but I do have a willingness to learn and I invite you the reader to join me on my journey to learn more about the environment and what we can do to save our planet. Please, comment on anything I have to write and express your opinions in a respectable manor. Now let's get to saving the planet!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michael,

    I am very proud of you and I will be checking in on you and your blog. May God bless you and this endeavor of teaching us to be better stewards of the Earth.

    Much love to you bro,

    Nia

    ReplyDelete